Furnaces are mechanical equipment, and all mechanical devices require periodic maintenance and repair in order to function optimally and live their longest and best lives.
When a furnace is well maintained, it can last 15 years or longer. However, without routine maintenance, many furnaces only last about a decade. In so many cases, we see furnaces that could have avoided needing to be replaced if they had only been maintained properly in previous years.
So, how do you know if your furnace needs to be replaced and it’s time for a new furnace installation? Here are some of the signs to look for:
- The furnace in your home is 15 years or older.
- Your furnace has required frequent repairs.
- Last year, your heating bills kept getting higher and higher each month.
- There are strange sounds or odd odors emanating from your furnace or vents.
- Inefficient heating or hot and cold spots around your home.
If you’re confused about whether you need a new furnace in your home, or you just need your existing furnace repaired to restore its efficient operation, don’t hesitate to reach out to the helpful team at Armor Air today. We will be honored to come to your home, inspect your furnace and its related components, offer you accurate and honest advice about the situation and take care of any repairs or replacements that you choose. We will never try to upsell you and will work diligently to earn your long-term trust.